NOTE: Not all computers have built-in microphones, and therefore not all computers can record (unless you purchase a separate recorder).
For Windows users who have built-in microphones:
1) Open up the
5) Open the program
6) To use the program, you press the red circle also know as the
NOTE: If the green sound waves remain static despite your reading to the computer, then you probably do not have a built-in microphone. If this is the case, please record your reading on a cassette tape or CD instead.
For Mac users:
1) Audacity is a great, free program to use for recording purposes. Install from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ .
2) To record, open up Audacity and press the red
For all computer-recording students:
1) After you have finished recording, save your file as .wav file.
2) Email the file by attaching it.